PREPARE YOUR CAR FOR THE AUTUMN
Autumn has officially arrived, so it is time to start to take it (how many still live as if it were still summer?) And enjoy it. This is a very nice, perfect season to see nature change color and catch the car and make short excursions without fear that the heat will ruin everything. But driving in autumn requires certain precautions and measures to be safer.
Shorter days, cooler, with more rain and less chance of light. Fall has arrived. After the summer, the traffic conditions change and the road network is advisable to take the car ready for the weather events that we hardly remember, we do not play a trick at the wheel. How to take the brushes, lights or filters? Are you ready to drive again more hours at night? In Blaspa factory marking we’re here to help. We leave some tips:
In the fall, according to the DGT reminds us, environmental conditions remain soft but as phenomena that anticipate coming winter months may occur. Rain, fog, ice … along with a longer nights. Let’s see:
Responsible car maintenance in autumn:
– Put the vehicle ready to fall through a review.
– Check the good mechanical condition and especially check the brakes.
– Check the wiper blades and wiper operation (during summer because high temperatures have been able to be in poor condition) and also check the heated rear window.
– Check the vehicle lighting, lamps and their settings.
– Levels of brake fluid, oil and windshield wipers.
– Clean the vehicle, glass, lights, fog, pilots, mirrors and reflective elements to see and be seen.
– Check the pressure, drawing and slots (minimum 1.6 mm) tire to ensure good road grip and prevent slippage. Important not to forget that it is the only element that binds us car on the road.
– Take the necessary spare parts such as: the spare tire and tools necessary pressure for placement; play of light in perfect condition and tools for installation; two triangles of failure.
– Educate yourself before making the trip, the possibility of adverse road weather conditions occur.
– If weather conditions are not favorable possible delay in the output until they disappear.
– If you start to notice the fate of a possible delay due to the existence of unfavorable road conditions.
Precautions during the fall travel
If during the road trip this autumn period, apareciesen bad weather keep in mind that driving in this situation increases stress and eyestrain thus leading to decreased attention and being the cause of accident risk.
On long trips, do not hesitate to stop at a rest area and wait for conditions to improve.
Always to these conditions, pay close attention to driving and as a general rule: slow down and increase the safety distance.
– Turn on the dipped headlights to be seen better, essential rule “see and be seen.”
– Check the function of the wiper and defogger.
– Guide the vehicle to indoor heating the crystals to combat fog formed by moisture and wipe with a dry cloth.
– Periodically check the efficiency of the brakes, touching them gently to remove moisture from the pads.
– Do not brake suddenly to avoid sliding (acquaplanning).
– Keep in mind that the braking distance is greater with rain, so we will increase the safety distance from the vehicle ahead (Rule Square).
– Rule of the Square is the measure for calculating the safety distance which covers the gap with the leading vehicle for perception and reaction time at a certain speed. For example, if traveling at 90 km / h; remove the latter figure being 9 and multiply this number by itself: 9 x 9 = 81 then the safety distance to the vehicle in front should be 81 meters.
– The safety distance on wet roads will double that in the dry roads.
– Turn on the dipped headlights and fog lights (Rule essential “see and be seen”).
– Adjust the speed and safe distance from the vehicle ahead in terms of visibility (Rule 3V, is the extent to comply with fog) Visibility (V) = Speed (V) = front vehicle (V). Example: Visibility (50 meters) = speed (50 km / h) = forward vehicle 50 meters.
– Check the operation of the wipers.
– Do not brake suddenly and avoid overtaking.
– In case of any incident on the road, immediately turn the hazard warning lights, headlights and fog lights.
– When the fog is very dense, making reference to the road markings to the right of the road.
– On highway and freeway always move in the right lane.
– Pay attention to the two wheelers and pedestrians to be less visible in fog.
On the rocks
– Slowly Slow down and keep it very low.
– Do not stop or change direction abruptly.
– Avoid accelerations and decelerations as well as overtaking.
– Keep in mind the direction and performance of other vehicles that may be unpredictable.
– When driving at sunset or substantial reduction of sunlight to appreciate turn on the lights (essential rule “see and be seen”).
– Evening slow to 20% over the speed limit, because the circular beam, the area illuminated by the headlights can be much lower than the stopping distance.
– Keep the vehicle ventilated.
– Listen to the radio or music.
– Pay close attention to the night rain, the mud and splashed as quickly accumulate dust in the headlights and turn signals of the vehicle up to 50% reducing visibility. Stop often to perform cleaning.
– Stop every two hours or whenever fatigue or sleepiness is found, doing breathing exercises or walking to recover the capacity to lead.
– Signs of fatigue can manifest itself in drowsiness, headache, neck or back, itchy eyes, continuous change of position in the driver seat, feeling of being too hot.
Do not forget to maintain and repair your vehicle visit us at our workshop in Grama-Brena Alta “Your Confidence Workshop“
Comments for this post are closed.