TIRES GOODYEAR: HERE IS A BASIC GUIDE
Tires Goodyear, Founded in 1898. Comercial Blaspa is an official distributor in La Palma
The new discoveries are transformed into new technologies and new products, which, in turn, allows to offer the best experience behind the wheel. The passion for creativity and top quality has led Goodyear to become one of the world’s leading tire manufacturers, with a total of 69,000 workers in 52 production plants in 22 countries.
‘High and narrow’
Goodyear has designed and developed the ‘High and Strait’ tire specifically for the new Renault Scenic.
‘High’ means a larger diameter. A larger diameter implies less deformation of the tire and, therefore, less heat generated within the tire, with less rolling resistance and lower fuel consumption as a result.
‘Narrow’ indicates that the section is narrower, providing better aerodynamics (= lower fuel consumption), less noise and better resistance to aquaplaning *.
The high and Straight tire will be available for the following models:
* Test conducted between September 2013 and April 2016 at the Goodyear test field at Mireval and at the Renault test field at Aubevoye.
It will be available for the following models:
|• Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance:||195/55R20 95H XL|
|• Vector 4Seasons Gen-2:||195/55R20 95H XL|
|• UltraGrip Performance Gen-1:||195/55R20 95H XL (bajo desarrollo)|
Goodyear technicians have 100 years of accumulated experience in research, design and production.
Logros de Goodyear alcanzados durante este periodo, entre otros:
- In 1904, we made the first removable tire in history.
- In 1908, we manufacture the tires of the first series-produced car in history: the Ford Model T.
- In 1909, we manufacture the first airplane tire in history.
- In 1921, we present Rut-Proof, the first off-road tire.
- In 1934, we introduced Lifeguard, the first tire designed to provide additional stability after a wheel pops.
- In 1965, the first vehicle to beat the 966 km / h land speed record with Goodyear tires.
- In 1971, our tires become the first to step on the moon.
- In 1985, we supply the first radial tires to the commercial aviation sector.
- In 1993, we present Aquatred, the first tire specifically designed for wet surfaces.
- In 1997, our tires are the first to win 350 F1 races.
- In 2012, we played a leading role in the development of the European tire label.
- In 2013, we present EfficientGrip Performance, a tire with an A rating that ensures excellent performance on wet ground. In recent times, this model has obtained 11 awards in tire tests performed by motor magazines, ranking first in 5 occasions.
Goodyear’s innovative technologies include the following:
- RunOnFlat, tires that allow you to continue driving even after busting.
- ActiveCornerGrip and ActiveBraking, two technologies that improve the handling of the vehicle in curve and in the dry braking.
- SmartWear, a technology that offers great performance throughout the life of the tire by introducing new stretch marks and compounds over time.
- 3D-BIS (three-dimensional block interleaving system), a patented technology that improves tire rigidity and stability.
- WearControl, a technology that provides lower braking distances over wet and reduces fuel consumption.
- SoundComfort, a technology that reduces noise inside the vehicle by using an acoustic insulation foam.
- Silent Armor, a technology that provides high resistance to punctures and cuts for drivers driving on uneven roads.
- SmartTred, a technology in the specific areas of the tread that conform to the conditions of the road.
- TOPIndicator, a technology that controls the wear of the tread in winter.
- ActiveGrip, a technology that ensures even distribution of pressure throughout the tire, offers high performance and improves maneuverability on wet floor.
- FuelSaving, a technology that uses less energy when rolling thanks to a light structure that is combined with an advanced compound on the tread.
- MultiControl Ice, a technology that increases the contact of the nails with the surface of the road to obtain an excellent maneuverability and adhesion in icy surfaces.
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 has won the Tire of the Year award in the Tourism category at the 17th Tire Awards of the Year award by the Tire and Quick Mechanics magazine.Goodyear Technology can be found in Comercial Blaspa Multibrand Workshop “your trustworthy workshop”. Consult one of our tire experts and advise you on the best tires for your vehicle so that you can travel comfortably and safely on any road.