CARING FOR YOUR CAR TIRES
It is estimated that 55% of injury accidents are caused by the poor condition of the wheels, and is therefore one of the elements we need more monitoring. The tires are the only contact element of our car with the ground, the last transmitting our orders, and we must spare no efforts to keep them in top condition.
At a glance, tires gives you all the information you need. On the flanks will find an alphanumeric coding, among other issues, it will serve to know the width, profile, tire size, the burden and the maximum speed for which they are prepared. This code is the first thing to keep in mind when replacing your car tires and is essential when choosing a new one.
Therefore, we approached some basic rules to keep the tires on your car and you avoid unpleasant contingencies.
1. Watch tread depth regularly. Slits having tires serve to maintain optimum road grip, ensuring traction and avoid problems such as aquaplaning. For this reason, you must be very mindful of the wear indicators and, although the legal minimum depth of each slot is 1.6 mm, we advise you not to rush so much.
2. Keep the pressure. Do not trust urban legends. Each manufacturer establishes recommendations of pressures and should always follow if you want to avoid further uneven wear or erosion. Excess inflated reduces the contact surface with the asphalt and therefore grip less. In contrast, a low pressure causes overheating of the tire and wear much faster. Normally recommended for each drive pressures can be in the user manual inside the cap of the fuel tank or on the sides of the doors of the driver and / or passenger, you can visit the Grama “Blaspa Workshop multibrand” “His Workshop confidence” to advise the appropriate pressure as the vehicle characteristics, type of driving and road usual.
3. Avoid misuse. The better you treat your car, the longer you. This maxim must comply strictly speaking when the wheels. Try to avoid blows with curbs, speeding (especially in cornering), the skids and similar actions.
4. Check the balance and alignment. Both concepts are often confused, but they are completely different. Balancing is the correct coupling of the rim with the tire, causing the wheel to rotate homogeneously. If you are not well balanced, it can cause vibrations that besides affect driving itself, indicate uneven tire wear. Furthermore, the alignment or, as commonly known, ‘parallel’ is the correct position of the wheels with respect to their axes and these together. If it is not correct, it causes the direction must be corrected with the steering wheel because the car tends to go right or left. If you notice any unusual behavior related to tires, visit our workshop in the Grama “Blaspa Workshop multibrand” “Your workshop trust”.
5. In addition to the maximum load of the vehicle, the tires have an index which is usually indicated on the side of it. Do not get over it, and avoid overheating, loss of grip or, in extreme cases, a puncture or blowout.
6. Look closely at your tires. A simple visual inspection can help avoid shocks. A small gap, a nail or glass can be fatal. In addition, always check before leaving Maxime travel if it is a journey Largo- the state of the tread.
7. Do not speculate when change. If you find any problems in your tires, do not let go. Come to our workshop in Grama “Blaspa Workshop multibrand” “Your workshop trust”, where we will review them and will advise the best solution that suits your needs.
Put on your list of priorities care of your tires, follow these tips and you can enjoy efficient driving.
Comments for this post are closed.